An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “cookie browser” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file of letters and numbers stored on any terminal with internet access (computer, tablet, etc.) and is installed by the request sent by a web server to a browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.). The cookie is completely passive – it does not contain software, viruses, spyware, and cannot access information from the user’s hard drive.
A cookie consists of two parts: the name and content (value) of the cookie.
The cookie itself does not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, does not personally identify Internet users.
The duration of existance of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that webserver.
There are the following categories of cookies that determine their life span:
- Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes his browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent cookie” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a specific expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days, or several years in the future); or until it is cleared by the user at any time through browser settings.
The purposes of using cookies through this website
Cookies are used to provide epoxyfloor.ro users a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each user, namely:
- improving the use of ro, including by identifying any errors that occur during the user’s visit/use of the website;
- providing anonymous statistics on how the C. SENTRON S.R.L. company’s website is used, as the owner of this website;
- anticipating possible products/services that will be made available to users through this website in the future, depending on the products/services accessed.
Based on cookie feedback regarding the use of this website, S.C. SENTRON S.R.L. may take steps to make this website more efficient and accessible to users.
Certain sections of content from the website may be provided through third parties, meaning not by S.C. SENTRON S.R.L., in which case these cookies are referred to as cookies placed by third parties (“third party cookies”).
What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows browser recognition. This website recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
Cookies are everywhere and cannot be avoided if you want to enjoy access to the best and greatest websites on the Internet – local or international. By understanding how they work and the benefits they bring, you can customize your cookies so you can surf the Internet safely.
How can cookies be stopped?
Cookies can be deleted by a user at any time through browser settings.
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in your browser’s “Options” or “Preferences” menu.
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies may cause this site to be inoperable or difficult to access/use. Also, refusing to accept cookies does not mean you will no longer receive/see online advertising – just that it will no longer be able to keep track of your preferences and interests highlighted by your browsing behavior.
To understand these cookie settings, you can access the following links:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
For any further questions about how cookies are being used through epoxyfloor.ro, please address the contact page of the S.C. SENTRON S.R.L. company.